Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Gearing up for Pinburgh!


I can’t wait to get back to Pittsburgh's PAPA and play some pinball. I can’t wait hang out with all the pinhead and friends there.

I heard that Jason, Donny, Brian are heading up, so that will be great to have a chance to talk and watch them play, especial Donny since he seems to get stuck on the other side of these FL pinball tournaments. I am looking forward to playing in the tournament also, the set-up at Pinburgh seems relaxed….. before getting into the trenches of the final rounds. I just hope I have the energy to maintain a good level of play through the rounds. Three days of solid pinball playing. Lol How do you practice for that? Watching and playing, thinking and strategizing, talking and writing, laughing and hopefully not crying about pinball. It is going to be awesome time.

The fantastic fact about the PAPA place is that they have a great collection of pinball machines that are in really nice shape and well maintained that can be played away from the tournaments (as time allows before, after or in-between competition playing). They have such a diverse line-up of pins from EM, SS to the latest Sterns and so many that you can’t play them all.

Last time I was there, I had to come up with a plan for my game choosing. I was trying to find games to put my token that caught my attention because they were:
1) Pinball machines I never played before
2) Pins that were rare to find
3) Dirty or broken pins, that I found in the past and might have had a dis-like for, to try to get a new opinion
4) Pins that I enjoyed to play like AFM (I just can’t walk pass those?!)
5) Lastly, Pins that was in the tournament line-up that I felt I needed to learn and practice on.

So I will possibly stick to that plan, it worked well in the past.

Here is a link to posts about a pior trip to PAPA. Heading to PAPA to play pinball & Return from PAPA Pinball Tournaments

You can find the PAPA site here. Pinburgh 2012 Match-Play Championship
And their blog site here. PAPA Blog Which is a very good blog site with all their pinball video tutorials.


Have Fun,

Dan

No comments: