Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I remember….

I was reminded last night why I enjoy what I found a few years ago and why people can dedicate their whole life to sharing this hobby with others. There are legends in this community and they are legends for good reason. If you were ever in need of help with a pinball related problem or not, maybe something far from the subject, they will still respond with kindness and helpful thoughtfulness that is given freely without contemplation or the asking for future repayment. The patience to share hard knocks, costly mistakes, or other acquired knowledge along the way to others willing to take the time to heed and listen to a different perspective. The lack of complaint while guiding the new comers through the tepid water of the learning curve. These are the few of the many of things that keep RGP growing as an internet net community and keeping pinball alive for the coming generations with the passion it deserves from the people that passed it on to us. I was reminded last night at a pinball gathering why people are passionate about the commonality that was share by all level of introduction from the newer comer to the seasoned, from the collector to the fixer, there was no limit on the ages in that gathering. Most of these people were introduced to me though the years with RGP, voices without faces for so long but friends at the first handshake. I truly was reminded that life is good with friends like you. Thank you for the memento, Dan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Al...And I play pinball

Oh wait, wrong type of meeting. :)

Al Gorithm said...

THAT’S IT!!!

I am going to get on that wagon again. NO MORE PINBALL! but this time I mean it!

I am going to head to the first bar I see & throw back a shot of whiskey & start a bender lasting for days, if not weeks. NOW, Who’s with me!?

If anybody is looking for me start at the bars … if you can’t find me there, start calling the hospitals.

I CAN DO THIS!!!

Thanks Bob for the inspiration!